Sunday, December 1, 2013

Let Me Make a Correction

I just need to make a correction in my previous post. After a talk with my friend , and fellow blogger, James(Not For The Faint Of Heart) he informed me that I'm agnostic, not atheist. Being atheist means that you don't believe in any god(s) or and higher power. An agnostic is someone that is open to the possibility of there being some kind of higher power, but believe that it is impossible to be certain.
   I think that there might be some kind of higher power that kick started everything. I just don't think any specific rules were left behind for all of us to follow. Some people limit their lives from new experiences just to follow these rules so they can be rewarded in an afterlife that they can't even be certain exist. I don't want to limit my life to rules from books write by people from more that 2000 years ago, and that's my choice. For those who follow those books, that's theirs choice and i while respect their choice as long as they respect mine.

5 comments:

  1. I never even heard of the word agnostic but after reading your blog, I acquired a new vocabulary word. Besides that I like how you respect others' beliefs as long as they respect yours. That is the golden rule after all. I like how you are open with your beliefs and thoughts. No one should be judged for their thoughts of beliefs because everyone is different.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard of agnostic before but I never knew what it actually meant. I like how you do not judge other peoples beliefs. Also, i like how you don't limit your views!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, atheist and agnostic get mixed up a lot. I'm an Agnostic, too. I went to a Catholic elementary school and all that, but often times I question religion. I think it's normal to be that way.
    I look forward to seeing more posts from you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you stated it perfectly: I respect your choice as long as you respect mine. I think this is how it should be between all religions, not just atheists/agnostics and people who do have a religion. I think it's fine to believe whatever you want, as long as people don't try to shove their ideas down other people's throats, and/or say that someone is wrong in what they believe. I don't think you'll be doing any of that though :) I look foreword to reading what you have to say!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really appreciate the respect you have for other people's views. Personally, I am Catholic, but I too take an interest in other religions and their cultures so I think this blog will be really cool to read. I like to read about religion and philosophy and things like that. You're setting a good example on how to live life your way and still be able to respect and appreciate how other people live theirs.

    ReplyDelete