Thursday, January 23, 2014

Random movie review

Friday the 13th. We have all heard this, whether it's referring to an unlucky day, or the long series of movies focused around the masked mass murderer, Jason Voorhees. I love horror movies and I've seen every Friday the 13th movie (including Freddy vs Jason). But for this review I am going to focus on the tenth film, Jason X. Jason X, directed by James Isaac and staring Lexa Doig, Lisa Ryder, Chuck Campbell, Johnathan Potts, and Kane Hodder.  So the beginning of movie takes place in 2008, which is 5 years after Freddy vs Jason. Jason has been captured by the U.S government and has survived every death penalty hes was subjected to. it 2010 scientist thought that if they can't kill him, they'll just freeze him.Before they get the chance to freeze him, he breaks out and starts killing the guards. One of the agents, Rowan(Lexa Doig) was able to lock Jason in a stasis capsule. However, during the freezing process, Jason was able to stab Rowan in the gut through the capsule. This released the freezing liquid into the room, which froze them both.

The rest of the movie takes place in year 2455 when both Jason and Rowan are found by a team of scientist.When they are both brought on the space ship and unfrozen, Jason starts killing everyone on the ship.But one of the crew had a robot assistant (turn love interest, kind of weird) and he suits her up for battle. She then blows Jason apart, but he is reconstructed by nanobots into a cyborg like being. Ill end the summary here because I think if you want to know what ridiculousness happens next, you should see it. I mean i think the movie was bad, cheesy and had those generic horror movie stereotypes. I mean it did have good effects for when it was made but, that's all that was good about it. The movies itself was bad (third lowest grossing Friday the 13th  film) but its is funny to watch with friends and joke around. I give it a 4 out of 10.  

2 comments:

  1. Im not a huge fan of horror movies but your summary really interests me and I agree with you it sounds cliche but also interesting at the same time that i might even go see it and be the judge of it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading your blog post about this movie although I am not a big fan of horror movies. From reading your post the movie sounded funny and like a joke but if I watched it by myself I'd probably cry. I feel like movies that continuously make sequels loose its meaning and then they just go down hill and that is probably what happen for Jason X.

    ReplyDelete